Sunday, August 28, 2011

Introducing Jean Craighead George

This week's story, Cliff Hanger, was written by Jean Craighead George.  Ms George is known for her many books that incorporate natural settings with adventure.  Her most awarded book is the classic Julie of the Wolves, winner of a Newberry Honor award.  Ms. George's love for nature led her to write for children because "children are still in love with nature".

My first introduction to Ms. George's works was when I read My Side of the Mountain when I was in middle school.  It was one of my favorites.  Although it was first published in 1959, it remains a timeless tale of adventure.

I encourage you to visit her website for more information about Jean Craighead George and her wonderful library of books.



http://www.jeancraigheadgeorge.com/