Sunday, August 14, 2016

Welcome to the 2016 2017 School Year!


Tomorrow starts the new school year.  In addition to all of the excitement the first day of school brings, there is also some anxiety, but I think overall it is fun to start "fresh" every August..  I am looking forward to the school year and all of the new experiences it will bring.

As you may have noticed, this blog was inactive for the 2015/2016 school year.  There were many factors involved in that decision.  Being new to second grade last year, a new curriculum, and the need to rest from blogging duties for awhile were some of those factors.   The school year, however, was wonderful.  I had great students, I loved teaching second grade, and I got to work with some awesome people that I hadn't been able to work with before.



You may also notice that my blog will, at times, focus not only on being a resource for parents, but a place for myself to journal and reflect on my teaching experiences throughout the year.

So, welcome to my new journey, the 2016/2017 school year.  I think it will be great!